Founded in 1793 by Isaac Alden the Company in was based at Eastwyke
farm in Oxford. Up until the 1970’s beef, lamb and pork were
reared and slaughtered on the farm and transported to the Aldens shops
in Oxford historic covered market.
During the 1980’s and 90’s the butchers shop in the Market were getting busier supplying local restaurants and colleges. With the introduction of new laws regarding the meat industry the Company’s only natural progression was to move location away from the City centre and build a purpose built production unit. The business moved location in 1999 which improved efficiency and service.
Past Directors of Aldens